NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WARGS Meetings Potential Restart
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
artemis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you dont have something organised believe me only a handfull will turn up and nothing will happen. Its far better to have a discussion or something organised once a month that will actually get people to turn up than to say whatever we will be here and end up with the 5- 10 people scenario that too many WARGS meetings ended up. At those numbers its below the threshold to actually achieve anything and just gets people fustrated.

So we need to basically pick a Sunday, organise what will be happening and if people want to turn up other weeks whoever is working there would love to see you and play a game or two.

If this is probablamtic I will simply chat with Paul, harrass a couple of people and then announce what is happening. I find this stratergy works quite well. Smile
Warhoon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If such meetings are offered on Sundays, I should be able to attend periodically. Probably could not guarantee every weekend, as my schedule is already booked with gaming about every 3rd Sunday.

It would be great to have this as another venue to meet gamers, and hopefully would help create business / visibility for the wargame supply shop.

-W
Rue Saberhagin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so as far as thing go, most people seem okay for Sunday? Means that I can pencil it in for the timetable at the store.

Might I suggest that, people allowing, on the 11th of Feb, (2nd Sunday of the month) at about <shrug> half past one, 2 o'clock? you guys meet up & suss stuff out from there?

Better earlier than 'some time later'
Adrexia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

artemis wrote:
If you dont have something organised believe me only a handfull will turn up and nothing will happen. Its far better to have a discussion or something organised once a month that will actually get people to turn up than to say whatever we will be here and end up with the 5- 10 people scenario that too many WARGS meetings ended up. At those numbers its below the threshold to actually achieve anything and just gets people fustrated.

Well, if you like you could just have a roleplaying/discussion wargs meeting once a month. But don't make the other ones not-official, and don't rule out the possibility that people might run roleplaying games at them... I'm more likely to turn up (albeit sporadically) if I know it's on every week, than I am if it's only once a month. But I'm more interested in boardgames than one-offs anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
James P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conversely, I'd be more inclined to show up if one-offs were on offer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea that we have one organised formal meeting once a month, where at least one RPG or discussion is planned. However, there is an expectation that people can gather to game on any Sunday in the store, provided that WGS are cool with that.

As for timing I suggest 12 to 3 as 3 hours is the minimum needed to a RPG session.
artemis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about we tentatively say Second Sunday of the Month in this case the 11th at 12pm.

This sunday will mainly be restructuring, sorting out how we will do things and the like.

Most likely there will be some discussion on events (ones just past and what people will like to come).

Other topics of interest should be suggested and I'm hoping someone from Mash's group (hopefully Mash) will be willing to say a few words introducing his new subgroup.

Hugs all
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the third weekend in the month, since the chosen sunday is spectacularly bad for me? (largely due to my own silly fault.) Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
artemis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well The 3rd sunday of Feb then, I believe it is the 18th at 12pm at Wargames Supplies.

Hopefully that gives people enough notice.

Hugs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> WARGS All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: