NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WARGS Meeting Sun 21st October
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highwayman wrote:
Liam wrote:
Thanks for the Shadowrun game Grant! I am starting to think my character is a bit too honest though haha.

No worries, remember, Shadowrun is about criminals Very Happy

Though, playing against type can be fun, one of the most memorable Shadowrun characters I've had in my games was a fighter-type who refused to get implants. That said, you can't be evangelical about it, another character I remember (for OOC reasons) was a Shaman who was super-moral in the manner of a stereotypical paladin, and would get in an OOC tizz if the rest of us didn't go along with it.
Writing: Outta the Walls, A Certain Kind of Decision, FATE Deadlands, other games.
My LJ
Malcolm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hix wrote:
Shock was really interesting.

Our 4 protagonists were widely separated by space and time. Malcolm played the genocidal son of the ship's captain 10 years before we landed on the planet; Paul was the military guy at the centre of a coup the day after the colonists landed; James and I were descendants of the human settlers, at least a generation afterwards, dealing with the effects of our first contact.

Spreading out the timeframes like that felt very literary. T'was cool.

My favourite part of Shock is designing the 'attributes' that you'll all use to resolve conflicts. These are four qualities that you think will define all of the protagonists' stories. In our game, we had Obsession vs. Understanding, and Change vs. Stasis.

In all, I wish we'd had more time to play - to flesh out the characters and the world, and the scenes. Cutting straight to the conflict was good & meant we got through the story. I reckon I would have enjoyed an extra hour and a half to give us time to really savour what we'd created.

It was a really fun game, but yes, I would have liked more time in order that we could have really fleshed out the characters and situations a bit more.

That being said, it was great to meet more people from the Wellington games scene and I'm looking forward to the next WARGS meeting.

Oh, and I'll hopefully get some AP on the game written up over the next few days.

Cheers
Malc
Malcolm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, I've posted some AP about the Shock: game on Story Games. You can read all about it here.

Cheers
Malc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> WARGS All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: