NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WARGS Meeting Sunday 17th Feb

View previous topic :: View next topic  
artemis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: WARGS Meeting Sunday 17th Feb Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

The first WARGS meeting of the year is coming up in a few weeks at Wargame Supplies from 12- 3:30 as usual.

This month we already have a promise from Nick to rerun Ethel of Troy if there is enough interest. I very highly recomend this game its a lot of fun and a great introduction to Scion.

Naturally there will be boardgames, nibbles and nice gamers to talk to. There is also a possibility of Shadowrun depending on Grants availability.

I hope to see you all there.

Hugs

Nasia
tog42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promise might be a little strong Smile. I've had a request from James to run Ethel of Troy again, and after the two fantastic games at Kapcon I'm certainly willing to do so if I can get the players. The blurb from Kapcon follows, PM me to book a spot;

As the Gods wage war against the escaped Titans in the Overworld, it falls to their mortal children to fight battles here on Earth.

The most beautiful woman in the world Ethel Milberger of Troy, Idaho has disappeared and as the Scions of the Gods you are charged with finding and returning her safely.

Interested in Playing: Cortex Plus, Shadowrun, Any Supers Game
Highwayman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, at this stage it looks like I will be able to make it (rehearsal doesn't require me on that day) although that is subject to change. I'll bring gear alone in case there are left over people from Nicks game.

Cheers
Grant
tog42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highwayman wrote:
I'll bring gear alone in case there are left over people from Nicks game.

Well, I might be left over from my game, in which case you can count me in for Shadowrun! Wink
Interested in Playing: Cortex Plus, Shadowrun, Any Supers Game
crake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to the chaos...

I've got a game I'd quite like to run at the next WARGS meeting. Here's the write-up:

RELEASE THE BATS
The place is Melbourne, the year is 1986. It's a great time to be an Ozzie - INXS are top of the charts, the summer's long and hot, and the heroin's flowing thick and cheap. The latter particularly concerns you - a member of the elite of Victoria's underworld. You're rolling in money, you're not taking crap from anybody, and you're pretty close to being able to cash it all in and retire somewhere sunny.

But not every job is about money. When you were a young kicker still earning your spikes in the 70s, you had your arse hauled out of the fire by Henry 'Bats' Batronelli, a crazy Vietnam vet and muscle man who's universally revered in the world of Australian organised crime. Bats never said that you owed him, but you knew you did. And now you have to pay it back.

Bats is awaiting a trial for killing a policeman, locked away in Jika Jika prison, the most secure jail in Australia. But he won't make trial, because one of his fellow inmates has made it clear that he intends to put a knife between Bats' ribs before he sees the inside of a courtroom. So now you have to make good on your debt - break into Jika Jika and get Bats to safety. You can worry about the consequences later. This is a debt, and debts need to be paid, even if it means pulling off the most ballsy heist since Ned Kelly rode into Jerilderie.

====

This is a rules-lite game for three (ideally) players. Comedy Australian accents are optional. The game is fairly realistic, not to say 'gritty' - think <i>Snatch</i>, <i>Chopper</i> or <i>The Hard Word</i>. I'll look for players on the day, but if you think it's the sort of thing you might like, let me know and I'll book you a spot (so to speak)
Liam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be there and can run (Cthulhu Now or 1920s) or play though I suspect looking at the line up already players will be at a premium so more likely playing.

Oh and I can bring my copy of Shogun if anyone is keen to try that board game (it was a christmas present and am dying to play it more).
artemis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major problem everyone.

Susan just called me to let me know that the complex that Wargame Supplies resides in will be closed tomorrow and form now on on Sundays. As such she cant get in.

Now this poses some problems. Firstly we cant meet there tomorrow and need to let people know this.

Susan believes that we would be able to meet there on Saturdays so one option is we head over there next week and have a delayed meeting then.

Other options is we find somewhere else to meet tomorrow and then go to meeting on saturdays from then on. We could use someones place or a cafe or something this once.

Finally we can try and find a new venue somewhere.

Having a central place to meet on weekends has been good and I would want to keep that in mind if we look anywhere else.

Hugs All

Really sorry about this.

Nasia
Rue

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I only just found out that the complex will be closed tomorrow.
Mainly as the 2 larger stores that open normally will be closing on Sundays from now on.

Options for it still being at the store are currently;
Saturdays, Friday evenings.

I will put a sign on the door so people who do not read this by tomorrow will have some notification.
Any other ideas to get word out?
Rue

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Change of Plans Reply with quote

Okay,
Looks like I may well be able to get access into the BNZ complex & even be able to open the shop.
People will just have to message someone to get in.

Regards,
Susan.
artemis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we will be meeting there tomorrow as planned, and will need to leave someones number by the door so they can call one of us and get in.

I hope this works out ok.

Hugs

Nasia
Liam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks to everyone, was great fun playing shadowrun.

Thanks for a good session Grant!
artemis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great turn out and I hope we get everyone back again next month.

Grant mentioned he was keen to play in some games so theres a good chance that next month Nick and Liam will be running the games they offered this month then.

I hope everyone had fun.

Hugs

Nasia
Liam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is enough interest I have had a request to re-run my Kapcon Cthuhlu 1920s game Horror on the High Seas!
Highwayman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...which is fantastic, I played it at KapCon and really enjoyed Smile

Thank you guys for the game, I wasn't actually expecting to run, but it was great to see so many new faces!

I'm torn between wanting to run next session, so that everyone that played Shadowrun for the first time and liked it gets another chance to play, or sitting the next one out so I can play Nicks "Ethel of Troy" which comes highly recommended.

Decisions, decisions...

Cheers
Grant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> WARGS All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: