NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking to move to Wellington...what's the gaming like?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeSands

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Coming to Kapcon is probably the best way to meet a bunch of us in a short time.

As the thread suggested, there's plenty of variety of gaming here, so you are sure to find some D&D 4E going on. I'm intrigued by Hellas too, although I haven't played it myself. There is no shortage of SotC fans around Wellington either, so even if you don't bring your copy we'll be able to rustle one up if necessary. Not sure about Talislanta.

Kapcon registration happens at http://kapcon.rpg.net.nz/?q=regform is is fairly straightforward. If bank accounts and so on are still to be sorted out, you can just bring cash on the day (although at a slight premium).

See you soon!
Liam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should definitely come to kapcon, its great fun! It will be a good way to meet a large slice of the Wellington RPG scene. There is drinks on the night before as well.

I'm running a cool (hopefully!) Call of Cthulhu Vietnam War vintage game in the second round!

Welcome to Wellington!

Liam
artemis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapcon is a great couple of days and the fastest way to meet half the people on these boards.

Hope to see you there and Welcome to Wellington.

Also come into Wargame Supplies (local gaming store) and say hello to couple of us there.

Hugs
morgue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, good to see you are soon to materialise, congrats on what was obviously a long and involved approvals process - I'm sure Welly will be good to you, it is small but it is lovely.

Kapcon, indeed, is extremely worth your while. It is cheap and you will meet lots and lots of people.

D&D 4E is getting definite play out there, but my feeling is the buzz is not huge - it is bubbling along but 3.5 is still in play on a lot of tables. As far as the "public" gaming scene goes, i.e. the crowd that post on here and go to Kapcon instead of just gaming away happily with their friends, I think D&D 4 is getting a lot of fascination and respect but it isn't displacing anyone's favourite game.

All of this, no doubt, doesn't help you decide whether to get the books or not. I'd put it this way - don't make your decision based on what Wellington might want, make it based on whether it sounds like a good new game you want to play. Above all else, we respond well to enthusiasm here. Go with your enthusiasm and you will definitely be able to make games happen!

Looking forward to meeting you at Kapcon!
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey SP, good to see that things have progressed in your move.

I concur with the above recommendations to come along to Kapcon. Its a very friendly and RPG filled few days and a great way to meet a large slice of the Wellington RPG scene in one hit.

As to games, Wellington has quite an ecceletic taste and it is relatively easy to get into a range of games.

D&D4e is being played here but its not dominant. There is a decent indie scene down here, of which Spirit of the Century has been a big hit. I am not aware of anyone with Hellas, though I have been eyeing it myself. I am not aware of any Talislanta love though.
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a must. Even if you don't enjoy convention gaming, it's invaluable in terms of networking with the Wellington community. You'll have a ton of new friends and potential players/GMs afterward.

The website is: http://kapcon.rpg.net.nz/
Writing: Outta the Walls, A Certain Kind of Decision, FATE Deadlands, other games.
My LJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> WARGS All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: