NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Guy Here (ex-Christchurch)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: New Guy Here (ex-Christchurch) Reply with quote

Hiya all. I'm Michael, aka Esker, aka Hey You, aka whatever other epithet someone decides to use today. I'm new to Wellington, having moved up from Christchurch a couple of months ago but not really having done any digging into the gaming situation until today.

I've been gaming for the past seven or eight years, half of that as a GM (limited to running D&D 3.5 for now, but I have a firm interest in running Savage Worlds, D&D 4E, and/or BESM 3E at some point). I'm currently game-less, as you might guess, but fairly eager to fix that. I stuck a post in the 'Available Games' forum as well, but figured I may as well post here too.

So yeah. Hi, I'm me, give me game. ;)

Oh, and I may or may not know you from Christchurch, if you've moved up here from there any time since '01. If you think you might, throw me a line.

Cheers.
Highwayman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually lived in Christchurch in 2001, and gamed with the Uni Club. Welcome to the Capital Smile

Coming up on Wellington Anniversary weekend is KapCon, arguably the biggest roleplaying convention in New Zealand, so it looks like you've come up at the right time. Check out http://kapcon.rpg.net.nz/ and read some of the game descriptions, it's also a really great way to meet local roleplayers and see if you like them, like their style, and if they have any gaps in the groups they play with.

Cheers
Grant
Esker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're the Grant that ran a 2E game in 2001, about a small group of adventurers exploring a new world through a portal, then I'm the guy who played the wizard of the party. I have fond memories of that game; it was my first exposure to D&D proper, and quite fun. :)

I do plan to hit up KapCon of course. I went to the '04 one and it was pretty good.
Highwayman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esker wrote:
If you're the Grant that ran a 2E game in 2001, about a small group of adventurers exploring a new world through a portal, then I'm the guy who played the wizard of the party. I have fond memories of that game; it was my first exposure to D&D proper, and quite fun. Smile

I do plan to hit up KapCon of course. I went to the '04 one and it was pretty good.

I am indeed that Grant, good to see you've made the move north Smile

Cheers
Grant
artemis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Wellington.

As next month is Kapcon we wont be having a WARGS meeting but everyone will be at the convention anyway.

There are always a few new games that start up after Kapcon and often people looking for playtesters before the convention.

It will be great to meet you some time in the near future.

Hugs

Nasia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> WARGS All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: