NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BoD 2010 - Aftermath

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorog the Slasher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: BoD 2010 - Aftermath Reply with quote

Wow, we're done for another year! Everything passes so quickly once we finally get into it.

What I got to do - quickly:

Friday Evening: Funeral for a Don - went a lot better than I was guessing it would, although low turnup meant we didn't get as many non-family folk as we hoped (and also meant that the families quickly found out all the mysteries). Nonetheless, it never felt like the game was going too slow. I'm eagerly awaiting feedback from the players - a survey link was posted to the Christchurch-gamers group.

Saturday Morning: Echos (Diaspora) - in which I start stalking Hamish. I should have guessed when I was the straight-and-narrow captain that my crew would to a man be double-agents and conmen. It was good to get some experience at playing FATE (as opposed to just running it all the time).

Saturday Afternoon: Zombie Theatre - was interesting, although I think the system is a bit abstract for my liking. Apparently I got some good one-liners out, which just goes to show if you say the same thing over and over, eventually it'll be funny.

Saturday Evening: The Colossus of Atlantis - as the secretary (politics GM) I didn't ever look at the map after set-up, so the only way I saw the Colossus was by the effect they had on VP. Politics was fun, as the assembly changed the constitution and then got screwed by it. However there wasn't enough political/map interaction for my liking.

Sunday Morning: Dogs in the Vineyard - in which the Dogs find sinning going on, and nearly kill each other deciding how to deal with it. In my opinion the best game of the con, although that might simply be because I was expecting so much out of Dogs and it delivered.

Sunday Afternoon: 3:16 - has some interesting ideas, but overall fails in execution. Maybe it was just my sleep-deprived state, but I found the whole combat thing somewhat monotonous. Perhaps needs more play, or me to be more awake.

So that was my weekend! How was yours?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Confusion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://confusiontempst.livejournal.com/498364.html accounts for the bulk of my writeup of the weekend, at some point I'll get round to writing up my experience as a Philosopher of the Atlantean civilization.

Re: 3:16
I think that's in part my newness as a GM showing, I haven't actually GMed very much.
Most of the things that break it up from being a monotony of slaughter really need to be driven by the players, and with my sargeant about as tired as you were, they weren't the driving force I would've liked as far as motivating the rest of the players.
Which means it really was mostly Alan and Craig driving the non-fighty stuff. I still -really- like the system, and I've played in it quite a bit, but I clearly need to improve my repertoire of methods for dealing with players not being quite motivated enough. (Hard to do at the final session of a weekend long con though, I think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: BoD 2010 - Aftermath Reply with quote

Thorog the Slasher wrote:

Friday Evening: Funeral for a Don - went a lot better than I was guessing it would, although low turnup meant we didn't get as many non-family folk as we hoped (and also meant that the families quickly found out all the mysteries). Nonetheless, it never felt like the game was going too slow. I'm eagerly awaiting feedback from the players - a survey link was posted to the Christchurch-gamers group.

Is there any chance of this game being run in Wellington?
Thorog the Slasher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I was planning on it at all. I'd want to make a number of changes to it before running it again...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> SAGA All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: