NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Campaign Options

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which campaign would you most like to play?
Spawn of Azathoth
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Beyond the Mountains of Madness
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Shadows of Yog-Sothoth
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Realm of Shadows
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nocturnum
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

Dale

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: New Campaign Options Reply with quote

As we discussed there are a couple of options for a campaign game from this point on and I'd like to hear your thoughts as to what you'd like to do next. I've included the campaign blurbs so you have an idea of what you might be geting:

- There are some neat, epic but epic 1920's campaigns which we could kick off including:

+ Spawn of Azathoth
Astronomers have theorised that our sun is not alone in its journey around the galaxy, but is accompanied by an unknown second star of dim radiance. This second star, while perhaps invisible from Earth even with our finest optics, would periodically pass close enough to our solar system to have far-reaching effects upon the evolution of our planet

+ Beyond the Mountains of Madness
Little by little they rose grimly into the wester sky; allowing us to witness various bare, bleak and blackened summits...in the reddish antarctic light against the provocotive background of irredescent ice-dust clouds, In the whole spectacle there was a persistent, pervasive hint of stupendous secrecy and potential revelation...I could not help feeling that they were evil things - mountains of madness whose father slopes looked out over some acursed ultimate abyss.

+ Shadows of Yog-Sothoth
Cthulhu sleeps in the corpse city of R'lyeh. Through unblinking eyes he has watched mountains grow and empires rise and fall. He has lain quiet, unmoving. Now he stirs. He senses that the stars are once again converging into their proper formations. His worshippers have been plotting for the day when their mighty lord would once again walk the earth. This day is now!

- I also have a pretty cool 1940's campaign called 'The Realm of Shadows' which would allow you to use your old Kingsport PC's 20 years on, as well as introducing new characters.
1940, Europe is Burning, but a greater threat dwells in the shadows. Dr, Franklin Quigley has a delicate problem: his wife has lost her mind and fled with their strangely deformed young daughter. His innocent request: find them and bring them back

- I have a range of cool Cthulhu Now campaigns including:

+Nocturnum
A conspiracy of destruction, a blast of ill will from an ancient god. A hunt and a chase from the heartland of Americal into the doom that awaits in the East. A horrific journey to the brink of insanity that lingers at the end of the world. Nocturnum is an epic, modern-day campaign for Call of Cthulhu. This horror epic introduces a terrifying new evil and an ancient conspiracy against humanity. Nocturnum is a mind-shattering journey through more than a dozen adventures complete with exstensive backgrounds, NPC, new monsters, and exotic locales. Can you survive...Nocturnum? Night Falls.
bucton2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for any of the main campaigns you listed there with a preference for Mountains as I'm really curious to see what they do with that story. Plus, Antarctica.
AndyM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm that's a tempting line up. I'm probably a little too familiar with Spawn, so my vote goes for Beyond the Mountains. It's another classic campaign that I've always wanted to play.
happyfunball

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnum sounds epic and I like the idea of a modern day setting.

I'd also like Mountains of Madness, as its the best HP. Lovecraft story IMO, but all that previous talk of supply management put me off a bit. Who wants to forget blankets and die before we even start drilling?
Liam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very keen to play Nocturnum but a trip trip to the ice would be fine too!

Just as a thought we could possibly run both? I could run one at my place and Dale could run the other at his? Just a thought....

Would give me an excuse to aquire Nocturnum too hehe.
Vulpes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnum sounds fantastic, and also the '20 years later' with Kingsport characters sounds like it might be fun - although Karl may be a little insane by then.

-Andrew S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Call of Cthulhu All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: