NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Day of Games] Confirmed - May 7th, Turnbull House
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sophmelc

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetrajak wrote:
As it's test run was successful, I would like to offer to run my newest LARP; A Day in the Life of Alex, at DoG. It does not require any costuming, or preparation on the part of the players, and runs for (at most) 2 hours, with some pre-game discussion. The game is for 7 creative and imaginative players to enjoy spending time together making stuff up as the game progresses, as well as tossing insults and a decent amount of raised voices (at least at the beginning).

Would it be alright by you, Sophie, if this game were on offer at DoG?

That's all good, just bring it along and offer it up. If enough people are interested it'll run.

I don't make the decisions, I just arrange stuff Smile

Blog - Mostly Geek
sophmelc

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeSands wrote:
My shiny copy of Shock: Human Contact just arrived. Anyone coming to Day of Games yell out if you'd like me to run a game.

For sure, I could be keen. Though as I'm likely to be running games, not playing this year that may not be a good reason to bring it.

Blog - Mostly Geek
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeSands wrote:
My shiny copy of Shock: Human Contact just arrived. Anyone coming to Day of Games yell out if you'd like me to run a game.

I'm moderately tempted. I'm also tempted by my shiny new copy of A Taste for Murder.
Dale

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MikeSands wrote:

Bring your lame hotness on Mike, for I fear it not, even if you seem to be tempting the punters. P&P will surely carry the day (or else it'll wait outside with a 'steel' chair to ambush you).

Oh, yeah!
MikeSands

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THREE DAYS TO GO!
sophmelc

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two days to go!

Time to read up on the latest edition of Monster of the Week and check my Fiasco playsets.

Blog - Mostly Geek
MikeSands

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there,

Anyone who played Monster of the Week at Day of Games today, firstly thanks and I hope it was fun.

If you want a playtest credit in the planned someday published version, drop me a PM/email (mike@genericgames.co.nz) and I'll put you in the list. Any feedback or criticism is also welcome.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks to all the people who played in the games with me today!

Running - Dresden Files RPG: the murderer of Merlin

Playing - Exalted: Red Sun Redux
Dale

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thanks to Sophie for organising the epic Day of Games, my awesome wrestlers from Piledrivers and Powerbombs, Paul for his Jenga-crawl and Mike for some epic London underworld madness. Full report posted soon...
Stephanie

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeSands wrote:
Hey there,

Anyone who played Monster of the Week at Day of Games today, firstly thanks and I hope it was fun.

If you want a playtest credit in the planned someday published version, drop me a PM/email (mike@genericgames.co.nz) and I'll put you in the list. Any feedback or criticism is also welcome.
Heya, thanks for running this game, I had fun. I think I already mentioned about how I felt about the History stat - I keep wanting to relate that to "It's a high number, therefore I know this person really well" except the way the mechanic work that wasn't the case, which took a bit of adjusting to. And, I suppose, the initial stats for this were determined by people making statements about each other, like "I'm obsessed with that person" or "I suspect there's something up with that guy" or whatever, but those relationships didn't seem to come up much in play. Also about stats, it felt kinda mechanic heavy (says someone whose long term group plays the most light weight version of Fate imaginable Wink ), in that I kept feeling the need to check different parts of my character sheet - experience vs history vs highlights, which I found a bit distracting.

Other stuff: I liked that it was generally pretty easy to move onto the next procedural beat - we could find out information easily and move on to the next bit, and the list of suggested questions for investigation rolls and that were pretty helpful, although I was glad that we weren't necessarily restricted to that list. Pace-wise, it felt quite fast moving, and I think the system encouraged a silly tone. The being changed into a desert fox bit was fun, and especially the botched changeover at the end with the legacy of senses that we got. I think that if I were playing that character in a campaign, I'd try to have her snap back into fox form occasionally when stressed. I did feel a bit confused at the end - I thought that the djinni had evaporated and we'd have to go hunt him again, rather than he was actually dead, and having to track the lady who summoned him onto a plane felt like a bit of an anticlimax. I also think that she didn't figure very large as a credible villain - she came all the way from the Middle East just to make trouble? That's a long way to travel to be a pest.

Thanks a lot for the game. (My full name is Stephanie Pegg for credits and stuff.)

Stephanie
Stephanie

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeSands wrote:
Hey there,

Heya, thanks for running this game, I had fun. I think I already mentioned about how I felt about the History stat - I keep wanting to relate that to "It's a high number, therefore I know this person really well" except the way the mechanic work that wasn't the case, which took a bit of adjusting to. And, I suppose, the initial stats for this were determined by people making statements about each other, like "I'm obsessed with that person" or "I suspect there's something up with that guy" or whatever, but those relationships didn't seem to come up much in play. Also about stats, it felt kinda mechanic heavy (says someone whose long term group plays the most light weight version of Fate imaginable Wink ), in that I kept feeling the need to check different parts of my character sheet - experience vs history vs highlights, which I found a bit distracting.

Other stuff: I liked that it was generally pretty easy to move onto the next procedural beat - we could find out information easily and move on to the next bit, and the list of suggested questions for investigation rolls and that were pretty helpful, although I was glad that we weren't necessarily restricted to that list. Pace-wise, it felt quite fast moving, and I think the system encouraged a silly tone. The being changed into a desert fox bit was fun, and especially the botched changeover at the end with the legacy of senses that we got. I think that if I were playing that character in a campaign, I'd try to have her snap back into fox form occasionally when stressed. I did feel a bit confused at the end - I thought that the djinni had evaporated and we'd have to go hunt him again, rather than he was actually dead, and having to track the lady who summoned him onto a plane felt like a bit of an anticlimax. I also think that she didn't figure very large as a credible villain - she came all the way from the Middle East just to make trouble? That's a long way to travel to be a pest.

Thanks a lot for the game. (My full name is Stephanie Pegg for credits and stuff.)

Stephanie
Stephanie

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for organising this, Sophie, I had a lot of fun.
MikeSands

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, Stephanie.
sophmelc

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone how came along. According to my little book 33 people turned up through out the day.

Also a big thank you to everyone who wanted to play in the games I was offering. They were all great fun and I had an awesome (if exhausting) day.

Special mention must go to the people who played in Hot War. It was a joy to get to play through an adventure in one of my favorite RPGs ever. I don't get to do it enough.

Blog - Mostly Geek
Dale

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Day of Games post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Upcoming Cons All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: