NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chimera 2009
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Chimera 2009 Reply with quote

Okay I know it's still early days, but after a great sales pitch in the weekend and me not having LARPed in a while I am very keen to go up to this. Also thought it would be quite cool to take a decent Wellington contingent after so many came down to Kapcon.

So this is a thread to see who would be keen on potentially going.
There is no schedule up yet obviously but I'm going off some of the things I got told and pulled off their website.

Things kick off at 7pm on the Friday and ends after 3 on Sunday. So if we drive up need to leave Friday morning and will get back real late on Sunday. Happy to drive up. Other option is if we book flights up and back they are $68 each way, but will probably need to hire a car or van to get to the venue. Accommodation is sorted if we commit early.
Stephanie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on going, will fly there, am happy to contribute to vehicle hirage costs.
Bryn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can count me in, I don't mind if we fly or drive.
Highwayman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the dates?

I could potentially be keen... although my finances are a little tight at the moment...

Cheers
Grant
Scott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday August 21 - Sunday August 23.
Andrensath

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on going, and may be able to negotiate free transportation to/from the camp if we fly up.
Adrexia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm keen. I wanted to go last year but it didn't work out. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're keen (and Catnip suggests we should take at least one game). Preference is for flying, but given the location we'd need to make seperate arrangements and rely on people collecting us at the other end.
Scott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a potential 8 of us at the moment, I might check out what the cost of hiring a van up there would be or see what transport we can arrange.

They played Graduation day and for the honour of the family last year. But what about that Mini Larp we played at your guys place years ago, the one where we played aspects and gods? Do you guys have a write up for that and do you think it would be suitable?
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
They played Graduation day and for the honour of the family last year. But what about that Mini Larp we played at your guys place years ago, the one where we played aspects and gods? Do you guys have a write up for that and do you think it would be suitable?

Nobilis? I've been trying to convince Catnip to more formally write that up for years, but it may have perished in a recent computer failure.

Plans are afoot to write something. If they founder due to the usual slackness, then the backup plan is to run "A Serpent of Ash" (downloaded off the internet, and being run in Wellington in February, just as soon as nasia books me a room).
Anna K

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, it's a pretty cool feeling to log on here and see this thread started! We definitely would love to have you guys come up for Chimera Very Happy

Just a couple of points that are important:
* There is free onsite accommodation. The venue is a scout camp, so it will be clean, if a little spartan. There will also be access to bathrooms and showers.
* The con will run a little differently from last year, and will wrap at 5pm on the Sunday. This is because we're splitting Sunday into two sections, instead of one all-day round like we had last year. That is to say, Sunday will run much like Saturday, minus the big larp in the evening.
* We will have on site snacks for purchase, much like at KapCon. We are arranging to also have reasonably priced meals available. Last year they were $7 for a cooked lunch or dinner, and we're hoping to offer a similar option this year.
* Our venue has raised it's prices by a slightly staggering 50% (gone up from $800 to $1200) and as a result, Chimera will regretably be slightly more expensive this year than it was last year. A full weekend, discounted price is likely to be $40-$45 (up from $35-$40) last year.
* The Big Larp this year is going to be a Victorian theme, the opening of the Great Exhibition in 1851, London, with a variety of historic and fictional characters available to play.

We're currently at work on redesigning the website for Chimera 09. We're also still in need of 7-8 games for the weekend, so definitely let me know if you want to run something Smile We've got a few guidelines (mostly to do with timing and space) but arrangements can be made for most anything.

Any questions you guys have at all, feel free to ask.
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna K wrote:
* There is free onsite accommodation. The venue is a scout camp, so it will be clean, if a little spartan. There will also be access to bathrooms and showers.

Excellent. One problem solved, and we get to be clean too!

Quote:
* The con will run a little differently from last year, and will wrap at 5pm on the Sunday. This is because we're splitting Sunday into two sections, instead of one all-day round like we had last year. That is to say, Sunday will run much like Saturday, minus the big larp in the evening.

Which is getting a bit late to drive back that night. So either we have to fly, or take Monday off to travel.

Quote:
* Our venue has raised it's prices by a slightly staggering 50% (gone up from $800 to $1200) and as a result, Chimera will regretably be slightly more expensive this year than it was last year. A full weekend, discounted price is likely to be $40-$45 (up from $35-$40) last year.

That's still pretty cheap for a weekend of LARP goodness.
Scott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdiotSavant wrote:

Nobilis? I've been trying to convince Catnip to more formally write that up for years, but it may have perished in a recent computer failure.

Plans are afoot to write something. If they founder due to the usual slackness, then the backup plan is to run "A Serpent of Ash" (downloaded off the internet, and being run in Wellington in February, just as soon as nasia books me a room).

Ah that's right, yeah Nobilis. I quite enjoyed that LARP and thought it would suit one of the multi game slots, shame it was lost to computer death. I have had a couple of mini LARP ideas floating around, but none that are fleshed out and I'm not sure if I'm up for writing a LARP for Chimera yet. This year I have already decided I am going to write 2 scenarios for SDC (one of my old games and a new game) and try and run 2 new scenarios for Confusion/Fright Night/Kapcon.
Scott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Anna it's good to get more details. And it was great having all of you guys coming down for the Kapcon LARP the last couple of years.

A couple of quick questions.
Roughly how long does it take to travel from the airport to the Venue?

How many of the LARPs be based around boffer combat? It's not something we do much of down here, and although I know there is a few weapons floating around there is not a lot we could bring up.
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Ah that's right, yeah Nobilis. I quite enjoyed that LARP and thought it would suit one of the multi game slots, shame it was lost to computer death.

It may have survived on an old drive or backup - I need to have a good look.

Quote:
I have had a couple of mini LARP ideas floating around, but none that are fleshed out and I'm not sure if I'm up for writing a LARP for Chimera yet.

Well, we've got a bit of time. From the look of it they're after stuff in the 12 - 20 player range for the day slots, which makes it really quite difficult to write.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Upcoming Cons All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: