NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lunches in CBD?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masada

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Lunches in CBD? Reply with quote

Who all (beside me and Sophie) works/studies/lives in the Welly CBD that might want to gather for lunches? I was just thinking it might be fun to have an odd card game or some such now and then... trade books... chat, etc.

Any CBD folks interested?

Also, is anyone from the WARG using Facebook, Twitter, and/or other social sites?
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am.
Stephanie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work right next to Civic Square. Might not come every time, but would be nice to have people to meet from time to time.
artemis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uni will be starting up again next week so I will have limited time but I might be able to make it some of these.

Also I am working at Wargames every day this week and both myself and Susan are bring ing down some games with the intent to pull them out in the afternoon when the store gets quiet today and tomorrow.

Hugs

Nasia
Masada

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When does the store get quiet and is there WiFi access down there?
artemis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It starts getting quiet from about 2 onwards- I dont know about WiFi access.

Hugs
Rue

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hard enough getting cell phone reception down there at times.

If there are enough people interested, then Wargames could look at making a lunchtime during the week boardgame friendly.
Likely near the start of the week.

Would have to clear it with the other staff, but I think it is a viable idea.

But, today, (Thursday the 26th Feb) from 1330 ish onwards, board games.
Masada

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea that Wargame Supply could digitally announce spontaneous game play. Advanced warning is good, but I also see the temption of "Games in 45 minutes."
dariyan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in a fortnightly/monthly boardgame lunch. I'm in Brandon St so close to centre city.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Adrexia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masada wrote:
I love the idea that Wargame Supply could digitally announce spontaneous game play. Advanced warning is good, but I also see the temption of "Games in 45 minutes."

WGS could get a twitter account and send "spontaneous game play" messages to it via text message... Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Base line is, how many people would be interested & actually be able to turn up?
In part as it will decide what games get brought along. Most games are 3-4 people, on average. (For a really, really rough average)
Masada

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say initially don't over complicated it. Bring a couple games, send a Twitter and first come first serve. If the response is consistently more than you support, well that's a good problem to have.

It might work out even better to send a Twitter the day before... "Tomorrow I'm brining Wasabi and Dominion for 2 PM games" as an example.

Just thinking out lout here.

PS: I also noticed today that Ferryman's is doing Boardgame night on Mondays after 5. I know that venue has come up before, but I can't remember if it was worth it or not.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masada wrote:
PS: I also noticed today that Ferryman's is doing Boardgame night on Mondays after 5. I know that venue has come up before, but I can't remember if it was worth it or not.

The Forum has been around for a long time. Nasia and a few others here attended a number of meetings and can report on them.
artemis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I no longer attend the forum regularly. Most of the people there are involved in a Bloodbowl league currently. There are however still some boardgamers there. As a whole they dont tend to go to any effort to be welcoming which in my view is the main reason for the declining number of Boardgamers who attend the Forum.

Hugs

Nasia
peacocknd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Lunches in CBD Reply with quote

Hi Very Happy .
I've recently arrived in Wellington. I'm staying in the CBD and would be looking for people to role-play, board-game with etc whenever, most days are convienent for me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> WARGS All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: