NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WARGS meeting: 20th May

View previous topic :: View next topic  
artemis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: WARGS meeting: 20th May Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

The next WARGS meeting is being held on the 20th of May at Wargame Supplies. As usual we will be starting at noon and I will be bringing snacks.

This month Grant has offered to start running a few Shadowrun one offs and will be turning up a bit early to go over characters with people who are interested.

If there is interest Paul is happy to run an ongoing PTA game at WARGS. For those who have never heard of PTA it stands for Prime Time Adventures, in it you come up with the bet TV show that never happened and play out the characters and the story in it. PTA is heaps of fun and one of my current favourites.

As always there will be a few boardgames brought along by various people including myself and of course the store copies of Marvel Heroes and other games will be available.

I hope to see many of you there once again.

Hugs All

Nasia
Rue Saberhagin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an open copy of "Kill Doctor Lucky" & most of the pieces have turned up, so it is playable again.

& when do I get my shiny red card? Razz
artemis

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder WARGS is this week. Hope to see many of you there again this Sunday. Oh and any requests for what sort of snacks I should buy should be put in now.

Remember this month we have Shadowrun and possibly PTA along with a variety of boardgames.

Hugs All

Nasia
Highwayman

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arg, that reminds me, I'll send out an email to the list.

Cheers
Grant
artemis

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone who turned up today.

Grants Shadowrun game went very well and he has offered to continue running one offs at WARGS for any who are interested.

Overall it was a very fun afternoon. I hope to see plenty of you there next month for more Shadowrun, boardgames and if theres enough peoplemaybe some PTA or other roleplaying game.

Hugs All

Nasia
tog42

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for a great game Grant! I had heaps of fun and am looking forward to next month. Very Happy
Interested in Playing: Cortex Plus, Shadowrun, Any Supers Game
James P

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was indeed a cool game, though the default Troll mercenary character from the corebook is no where near as pimped-out as the 3rd edition one.

But never fear - I have borrowed a copy of the book and will be applying my uber-1337 min-maxing skills to my new character for next month Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Highwayman

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I'm glad you guys enjoyed it, I certainly had a great time too Smile

These official things are quite fun, and the format means that anyone can come along and have a good time. So if you have had your interest peaked by this game, or you know someone who might enjoy these one-offs then bring them along Smile

If too many people come and want to play.... I don't know, we'll deal with that if it happens.

Cheers,
Grant
James P

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing about the game is it satisfied my nostalgia for some 'old-school style' gaming, without being an unsatisfying experience as many games played for this goal can be.

The basic Shadowrun premise of 'do missions; kill enemies; get loot; bling out your character with gear, magic, and tech' is in my opinion the strongest aspect of the game, and with that in the forefront of my mind I thoroughly enjoyed Sunday's game Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Highwayman

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Smile Not every game has to be a deep cathartic expression of your soul, sometimes it's fun to shoot up gangsters Smile

Cheers
Grant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> WARGS All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: