NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visiting New Zealand... Posting on behalf of Tavis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flamebunny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Visiting New Zealand... Posting on behalf of Tavis Reply with quote

I will be visiting Auckland from New York City on July 4 through July 7 (or is it 4 July - 7 July?) - my wife is in town for the International Neuropsychological Society - and, as I always try to do when I tag along to one of these overseas meetings, I would love to roll dice with some local gamers!

I would be glad to join in any game happening during that time frame that's open to new (and very ephemeral) players. I'd also be glad to run one of the one-shot games I've done at conventions in the US - "Race through the Residuum Mine," a Dungeons & Dragons scenario I've run using OD&D and 4E and would be glad to play again with either ruleset; "Night of the Walking Wet," Paul Jaquays' old-school classic that I've been running using original (1974) D&D at GaryCon; and "Invasion of the Starship Warden," an original-edition Metamorphosis Alpha scenario.

During the day I'll be hanging around with my nine-year-old son who is also an enthusiastic roleplayer, so if anyone else is free during work hours we could get a kid-friendly game together then too or else just hang out doing fun stuff in and around Auckland and talking about gaming here and there. (On the 8th and 9th I'll be in Waitomo, and in Rotorua on the 10th, so advice about essential stuff to do there would be most welcome; gamers in Krakow turned out to have a very accurate idea of what I would find awesome!)

I'll try to check the forums often before I leave, but email to tavis.allison@gmail.com may reach me more reliably.

And if any of y'all are going to be passing through the USA anytime, let me know - the New York Red Box group I'm part of always has room for drop-in players, and I probably know someone in most any other place you'd be likely to visit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: