NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Time GMs (Cross-posted to VUWGC)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: First Time GMs (Cross-posted to VUWGC) Reply with quote

I have sent out an e-mail to all the people who indicated an interest in GMing, but aren't presently. If you didn't get that today, I don't know about you, or don't have an e-mail address for you.

The core content of the message was as follows:

Anyway, there are various things we can look at helping with, including (but not limited to! If you have other things you'd like to see, LMK and I'll arrange it):

- Story brainstorming and writing. Dan L'Estrange has volunteered to co-write a D&D adventure with someone which Dan will run with his Friday D&D group. Paul could probably be persuaded to do the same for his T&J superhero game on Fridays, and I am running a lot of one-session games over the course of the year.

- Running pre-written adventures. Whatever genre you're interested in, we can find a suitable pre-written scenario and help you prep it and find a group (possibly at Games Club, possibly at WARGS, possibly elsewhere) to run it for. We would sit in on the game and afterwards we'd go through what worked and what was less successful.

- For the least-adventurous, we can possibly look at a co-GMed game, where an experienced GM would do most of the scene-setting and game management and the learning GM would run NPCs or something like that. At the least-level we could look at you just sitting in on a game and dissecting it afterwards.

- A general tutorial session at WARGS/VUWGC going over the whole process.

If you're interested in any of the above, please let me know, and we can begin to make some specific plans. My e-mail address is Mashugenah@gmail.com

Note: This does not have to be a group excercise. I'm happy to talk to people individually and see what we can do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> WARGS All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: