Not D&D Con

Convention time drawing near? Better let us know so we don't miss out!

Moderator: Paul

Re: Not D&D Con

Postby Luke » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:23 am

Damn. That means that D&D for Dad stuff is out too: http://jamesstowe.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... -olds.html :)
Playing: D&D5e
Running: Tales from the Loop
Planning: Esper Genesis, Kult Divinity Lost; Zweihander
Luke

Postby Paul » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:40 am

I think its pretty rad, but not what the con was originally posed as.
Paul
Board Admin

Postby Mike Sands » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:42 am

It suggests that there might also be room for a Weird D&D con (or something of that sort).
Mike Sands

Postby Luke » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:54 am

That's cool. I am not pushing for the inclusion of these games if the Con is just focussed on straight D&D stories using different mechanics. I was only trying to understand the scope of the Not D&D Con idea to see if I could contribute to it or not.
Playing: D&D5e
Running: Tales from the Loop
Planning: Esper Genesis, Kult Divinity Lost; Zweihander
Luke

Postby morgue » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:27 am

(FWIW, as the original original source of this idea, I was never opposed to the Luke option. My vagueness may be why this question still had to be asked now. I fully support the interpretation of those who are brave enough to get off their backsides and actually organize this, of course.)

(Man, if I get the notD&D con, and we've already had the nunLARP - hmmm. I should think carefully before making another suggestion.)
morgue

Postby Paul » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:41 am

morgue wrote:(FWIW, as the original original source of this idea, I was never opposed to the Luke option. My vagueness may be why this question still had to be asked now. I fully support the interpretation of those who are brave enough to get off their backsides and actually organize this, of course.)

(Man, if I get the notD&D con, and we've already had the nunLARP - hmmm. I should think carefully before making another suggestion.)

I was not trying to poo poo the ideas, I think they are neat. it was just was I interpreted the discussion from last time. I would be keen to give D&D for dads a go and see what the other options people come up with
Paul
Board Admin

Postby Anarchangel » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:57 pm

morgue wrote:(FWIW, as the original original source of this idea, I was never opposed to the Luke option. My vagueness may be why this question still had to be asked now. I fully support the interpretation of those who are brave enough to get off their backsides and actually organize this, of course.)

You had nunLARP? Is there a link?
Ardens Ludere
My games: The Sprawl; Conquering Corsairs.
Con Rotation: The Sprawl; Dungeon World.
Anarchangel

Postby Paul » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:51 pm

it was an eucamenical matter. all the players were nuns and priests.
Paul
Board Admin

Postby Stephanie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:20 am

Anarchangel wrote:You had nunLARP? Is there a link?
It was this one: http://www.nzlarps.org/database.php?mod ... eventid=53 A rerun is possible if there are 15 people in Wellington who are interested - it doesn't really work for smaller numbers, though.

Morgue was invited, but would not come... :roll: He claimed he had to spend time working and being with his family. It's like his priorities are all messed up, yes? (I kid.)
Stephanie

Postby morgue » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:46 am

Stephanie wrote:Morgue was invited, but would not come...

I was afraid. Nuns are scary. SCARY.
morgue

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Cons