Day of Games 2012

Convention time drawing near? Better let us know so we don't miss out!

Moderator: Paul

Re: Day of Games 2012

Postby Tuoni » Mon May 07, 2012 10:21 am

yep, thanks for organising it Sophie. my first day of games too, although i only went to the first two sessions. As I suspected I am now thoroughly addicted to Microscope (thanks Steve and the others I played with). next time I wanna try Fiasco I think. Has anyone done any game reports on a blog or anything like that?

Tuoni
Currently running an ancient hellenistic mediterranean fantasy Pathfinder campaign, with Star Wars jokes and tentacles too. .
Tuoni

Postby PaulC » Mon May 07, 2012 9:38 pm

The new folk, Paul and Sooz, had a great time. It was good to meet so many of you at one go... looking forward to more games-related craziness in future.
PaulC

Postby Steve Hickey » Wed May 09, 2012 9:40 am

What a great time :)

Thanks to everyone who played In a Wicked Archipelago and Microscope with me. Wicked Archipelago was like having Charles Dickens and Michael Moorcock collaborate on a fantasy version of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels directed by Guillerme del Toro. Microscope was epic: my favourite bit was building a Dyson sphere designed to move a star so that we could have a power source for our intergalactic colony ship.

I really enjoyed playing Hamish's new cyberpunk game, The Sprawl - and I'm looking forward to the next draft of the rules.

And thank you to everyone who played Left Coast: I'm pleased you all had fun, and the feedback I've gotten is going to help me make the game simpler and faster, I think.
Steve Hickey

Postby Anarchangel » Wed May 09, 2012 10:21 am

Tuoni wrote:yep, thanks for organising it Sophie. my first day of games too, although i only went to the first two sessions. As I suspected I am now thoroughly addicted to Microscope (thanks Steve and the others I played with). next time I wanna try Fiasco I think. Has anyone done any game reports on a blog or anything like that?

Yes! Here's mine.

It was great to meet and play Microscope with you et al. and likewise Dungeon World with Paul and Sooz!
Ardens Ludere
My games: The Sprawl; Conquering Corsairs.
Con Rotation: The Sprawl; Dungeon World.
Anarchangel

Previous

Return to Upcoming Cons