[Day of Games] Who will offer games?

Convention time drawing near? Better let us know so we don't miss out!

Moderator: Paul

Re: [Day of Games] Who will offer games?

Postby Steve Hickey » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:42 am

All right! I'm firming up my selections of games to bring, now.

I'll definitely be offering Microscope. Andy M, Conan, and Hamish have first dibs on this, along with the person who asked Sophie for it.

I'm also going to bring a mash-up of In A Wicked Age (Babylonian blood fantasy) and Archipelago II (a rules-set for free-form collaborative/GMless play).

... and in a late surprise to me, I'll be offering The Farm, a prison escape game set on a farm where humans are being raised to be eaten (by other humans).

Other things may or may not eventuate, but I'm happy to take requests (and then consider whether I've got enough time to prep them.)
Steve Hickey

Postby karen » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:22 am

Steve Hickey wrote:I'm also going to bring a mash-up of In A Wicked Age (Babylonian blood fantasy) and Archipelago II (a rules-set for free-form collaborative/GMless play).

This sounds cool... I think I played and enjoyed In A Wicked Age with Mike a Kapcon ago (is this feasible? I'm bad at keeping track of game-names, even my own) and Archipelago looks like a game I'd like...

So excited now... DoG really is my 2nd favourite weekend of the year :)
karen

Postby Mike Sands » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:13 am

karen wrote:I think I played and enjoyed In A Wicked Age with Mike a Kapcon ago (is this feasible? I'm bad at keeping track of game-names, even my own)

Yes, you did! I remember that game, it was a lot of fun.
Mike Sands

Postby Mike Sands » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:17 am

I would like someone to run a game of Monster of the Week for me to play a hunter in.
Mike Sands

Postby Mike Sands » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:28 am

Oh, and I'll be bringing along Monster of the Week, Fiasco, and The One Ring to offer.
Mike Sands

Postby itowlson » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:35 am

Yeah, I'm intrigued by In A Wicked Archipelago too.

I plan to bring along Left Coast, A Taste for Murder and Agon. I've had a couple of people ask about a re-run of my Kapcon Paranoia game so might have that too.
itowlson

Postby Steve Hickey » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:01 am

Karen, Ivan: I hope we get to play In A Wicked Archipelago, then. I think you'd both brink the right mind-set to it. It uses In A Wicked Age's set-up procedures to establish a volatile situation (shoring up a weakness I had with Archipelago II), but uses Archipelago's way-more freeform rules for resolving conflict (solving my problems with figuring out how to make In A Wicked Age run smoothly).
Steve Hickey

Postby Mike Sands » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:05 am

This announcement is for anyone offering Monster of the Week:

I'm currently finalising the playbooks and reference sheets, and I'll bring along a couple of sets of each for everyone to use. Drop me a line if you want me to bring an extra of certain playbooks or anything else specific. I'll have some Action Scientists and maybe some Luchadors as well.

I'm also planning to write a new mystery (for the funder collection after this), so let me know if you'd like to get a copy of that to run on Saturday.
Mike Sands

Postby karen » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:45 am

Mike Sands wrote: I'm also planning to write a new mystery (for the funder collection after this), so let me know if you'd like to get a copy of that to run on Saturday.

I was going to take Fiasco as back up... I'd consider running prepared MOTW mystery if no-one wants to play Horrorscopes. I'm hoping I'll get to playtest new character cards and modified rules... So maybe flick it through to me if no-one else puts their hands up? And no promises? I only want to gm in one round this year. I'm playing "Watching the Skies" (larp improves my social skills ;) ) which only leaves me two slots to play in.
karen

Postby Mike Sands » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:53 am

karen wrote:So maybe flick it through to me if no-one else puts their hands up? And no promises?

Righto!
Mike Sands

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Cons