Con-fusion?

Convention time drawing near? Better let us know so we don't miss out!

Moderator: Paul

Re: Con-fusion?

Postby Anarchangel » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:49 am

Choose Dice. Choose GLORY!
Ardens Ludere
My games: The Sprawl; Conquering Corsairs.
Con Rotation: The Sprawl; Dungeon World.
Anarchangel

Postby binder » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:39 am

As all the cool kids are doing it... here's my contribution to Con-fusion.

Title: The Fang & the Fountain
System: Stormbringer 5th edition
Players: 4

Strange tiding abound in in the seas near Tarkesh and a motley group of heroes must gather together to discover what foul things deeds come hither from the ocean.

The Fang & the Fountain is a prewritten adventure from the 'Perils of the Young Kingdoms' supplement (published back in 1993). Don't expect anything deep and meaningful in this game, just a good old fashioned fantasy scenario!
binder

Postby ipsi » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:57 am

Do we need to register in advance for this? Or just turn up and hope that all the cool games still have slots open?
Playing - Vampire: the Masquerade, D&D 4 (.hack-style), D&D 4
ipsi

Postby itowlson » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:17 am

You don't need to register in advance; in fact as far as I know there's no way to do so! So there's no preregistration for games either, and you'll just have to join the undignified scramble for slots in the 'cool' games along with everybody else *grin*. [Caveat: I think Ellen is experimenting with giving GMs a pre-reg pick this year, so some slots could be pre-booked. I wouldn't expect this to result in whole games being filled though!]
itowlson

Postby Alasdair » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Succession

Vito's been shot. His blood splatters your faces and hands as you apply pressure, desperate for the Capofamiglia to hold on just a bit longer, until the ambulance can get here. The gunmen were well armed, and well informed, hitting him leaving his private apartment on the way to the sit-down: there was nothing you could do. It was lucky that more of you weren't caught in the flying death.

The sirens approach, but his blood covers the curb, his breath is ragged. Vito is gone.

The king is dead, and your enemies will act swiftly. Some for power, some for revenge, some simply seeking to take what's yours. Tonight a wave of blood and retribution will flow into the streets, and the new king will be coronated in blood.

NB. Intra-character conflict is expected, as those with different agendas determine who's right, and who will be left bleeding

System: A Dirty World
System Knowledge: Not needed, but players should ideally be comfortable framing scenes
Number of Players: 2-4
Genre: Underworld Drama
Genre Knowledge: Useful
Role-playing Knowledge: Required
Style: Character-driven, some shared narration
Classification: R
Alasdair

Postby housemonkey » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:38 am

ipsi wrote:Do we need to register in advance for this? Or just turn up and hope that all the cool games still have slots open?

Not to worry, there's bound to be space in my games. You might need to adjust your definition of "cool" first though.
All the energy of a rat, trapped in a can
housemonkey

Postby AhGoodTheSea » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:41 am

itowlson wrote:You don't need to register in advance; in fact as far as I know there's no way to do so! So there's no preregistration for games either, and you'll just have to join the undignified scramble for slots in the 'cool' games along with everybody else *grin*. [Caveat: I think Ellen is experimenting with giving GMs a pre-reg pick this year, so some slots could be pre-booked. I wouldn't expect this to result in whole games being filled though!]

Hi all,

OK just to avoid any confusion :P ...

The timetable for this year:

Round 1: Registration: 9.45. Round 1 itself: 10am-1pm.

Round 2: Registration: 2pm. Round 2 itself: 2.15-5.15.

Round 3: Registration: 6.15. Round 3 itself: 6.30 till...late.

The tabletop games are, as in previous years, not available to pre-register UNLESS you are GMing in another round. I am indeed offering GM picks, as a bonus to thank the GMs for running games. This shouldn't result in any of the games being filled. Registration for the tabletop games, as you can see above, will open about 15 minutes before the round starts and will run in the same way as previous years.

HOWEVER- the LARP stream- 'Shell Beach' in Round 1, 'Stars over Strangeways' in Round 2, and 'Mansfield and Monsters' in Round 3, (as was the case with 'The Devil's Brood' last year) is available for pre-registration, since people have to sort costumes. If you would like to be in Shell Beach, please e-mail jenni dot dowsett at gmail dot com. If you would like to be in Stars, you need to head over to Diatribe and PM 'RobotPie'. For Mansfield, e-mail catnipmousegames at gmail dot com.

Hope that's clear for everyone?
AhGoodTheSea

Postby Catnip » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Just noting that Mansfield with Monsters now has a full cast
Catnip

Postby Stephanie » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:09 am

Name: The Book Club
GM: Stephanie Pegg
System: System light
Players: 4-8
Style: Semi Larp
Blurb:
The Calvino Bay Book Club has been meeting for a few months now. It's been OK. The books you've been looking at have hopped around the literary spectrum from the 'classics' like Austen and Dickens, whatever new wunderkind book has got the critics excited, and that time someone wanted to talk about Harry Potter. Something for everyone, you reckon, and you get to meet people you wouldn't otherwise know.

But now, oh now, you're going to talk about The Book. That Book, the one you read when you were 18 that suddenly made the universe make sense to you. The Book that helped you work out who you were as a person. You want, no, you have a visceral need to make everyone else understand what The Book means to you.

This game is a semi-larp in which people talk about The Book from different and passionately held points of view, and in which The Book itself becomes a construct arising from the discussion. English Lit geeks will probably have fun with this one.

(Runtime is 1.5-2 hours, scheduled for the 3rd round.)
Stephanie

Postby Mike Sands » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:15 am

The Terror At Taylor Farm
(Monster of the Week, round 2)

Something weird's going on in the backwoods, and it's up to you to sort it out. The reports are strange, and it doesn't seem like it's anything you've hunted before. But you've killed vampires and werewolves, banished ghosts and demons. How tough can this mountain monster be?

Featuring the Action Scientist!
Mike Sands

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Cons