Con-fusion?

Convention time drawing near? Better let us know so we don't miss out!

Moderator: Paul

Re: Con-fusion?

Postby housemonkey » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:54 am

Mike Sands wrote:How did the Fiascos go in round two? I think two games were played, yeah? Which playsets? What cool (horrible) stuff went down?

I played in two games of Fiasco, with Paul (the other one) and Tim. First up was one whose name I can't remember but is a Firefly style scifi scenario. Our mission was to steal the Fastest Ship in the Galaxy from the Sentinel Laser Station. We failed, miserably. Only one of us survived, the Javelin was destroyed by the Station's defence lasers and the station crew were all turned into hopeless sex addicts by the unfortunate pumping of some illicit fertility drugs through the ventilation system. Oops.
After that was Hocus Focus, chosen at random, the Harry Dresden one. Again, things did not go well, although I did reconcile with my estranged demon half-brother (or maybe that was half-demon brother), but the world's economy was destroyed through the combination of aforementioned demon's desire to rule the world and a teenage wannabe wizard's lust for power so he could impress girls. It was very topical. There was much confusion over the use of virgin versus non-virgin blood and whether birsh or beech is the appropriate wood for killing demons. I also found that a sonic screwdriver is an adequate stand-in for a wand.

Apart from that I ran a Doctor Who game in round one, which I assume went well because everyone was still talking to me afterwards. Everyone really got into their characters and there was much enjoyment of the Doctor Who / Doctor Hu (another PC) running gag. Highlight (for me) was probably the argument that ensued when the Doctor gives his sonic screwdriver to to one companion only to have the other say "Why does he always get the sonic screwdriver?! Is it because I'm a woman?"

In round three I played in Mansfield with Monsters, which was great fun. I thoroughly enjoyed playing a despicable cad and was entirely too awful to my lovely wife, played with admirable stoicism by Sam. Best part of the evening for me was the horribly sexist conversation three of us "gentlemen" (one of whom was played by a woman) had about the general feebleness of women, while Brooklynne fumed nearby. Alas, I failed to come to a much deserved sticky end.
All the energy of a rat, trapped in a can
housemonkey

Re: Con-fusion?

Postby Sam » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:43 am

housemonkey wrote:In round three I played in Mansfield with Monsters, which was great fun. I thoroughly enjoyed playing a despicable cad and was entirely too awful to my lovely wife, played with admirable stoicism by Sam. Best part of the evening for me was the horribly sexist conversation three of us "gentlemen" (one of whom was played by a woman) had about the general feebleness of women, while Brooklynne fumed nearby. Alas, I failed to come to a much deserved sticky end.

Ah yes *that* conversation. I did wonder if you were aware that myself and Anna were sitting next to the three of you, fuming not so quietly. ;)
Sam

Previous

Return to Upcoming Cons