ConFusion 2013- August 10th, Brooklyn Community Centre

Convention time drawing near? Better let us know so we don't miss out!

Moderator: Paul

ConFusion 2013- August 10th, Brooklyn Community Centre

Postby AhGoodTheSea » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:10 am

Hi all,

This is later than usual coming but ConFusion will be back again this year. We're booked for 10th August 2013 at Brooklyn Community Centre (yes, I know it's normally the first weekend in August but they were booked up then).

Rounds will be running to the times they ran last year:
Round 1- game selection- 9.45am, Round 1: 10am-1pm
Round 2- game selection: 2pm. Round 2: 2.15-5.15
Round 3- game selection 6.15, Round 3 6.30-late

Cost will be $15 for the whole day, or $10 for part.

As last year, there will be a LARP stream, currently with a gap for one round. The two LARPs already to be on offer are 'Struck to the Quick' (the third in Russ Kale's High School Shakespeare trilogy of LARPs) and 'Backstage at High Fructose' by Steph Cybart, a game of rival bands.

I'm still looking for a few more games, so if you'd like to GM please get in touch! If you'd like to run something, I will need from you:
The name of the game and the system (if relevant)
How many players it can take (minimum and maximum)
A *short* blurb describing it, for promotional purposes and on-the-day game selection.

I'm also intending to have some GMless games available as surge protection (please feel free to bring along any Fiasco playsets you have, for example).

GMs get a GM pick for one of the other rounds, as a thank you.

You can e-mail me at ellen dot boucher at gmail.

Hope to see some of you there!
AhGoodTheSea

Re: ConFusion 2013- August 10th, Brooklyn Community Centre

Postby IdiotSavant » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:54 pm

I am currently going through by tabletop backcatalogue trying to come up with something. Requests?

(CASE LAMBENT WITCH will be at Fright Night if you want Laundry vs zombies on an oil rig, with a side of crawling horror)
Playing: D&D5
Running: Laundry Files; Uncharted Worlds
Planning: KapCon XXV; The Gehenna Memo (Hydra 2016), Boffo's Birthday Bash (Phoenix 2016)
IdiotSavant

Postby IdiotSavant » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:23 am

Right. I may have to create two playbooks, but "Shadows" in Traveller World it is.
Planning: KapCon XXV; The Gehenna Memo (Hydra 2016), Boffo's Birthday Bash (Phoenix 2016)
IdiotSavant

Postby Anarchangel » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:05 pm

Is Traveller World online somewhere?
Ardens Ludere
My games: The Sprawl; Conquering Corsairs.
Con Rotation: The Sprawl; Dungeon World.
Anarchangel

Postby IdiotSavant » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:59 am

Anarchangel wrote:Is Traveller World online somewhere?

There's an incomplete Alpha release here:

http://www.iworg.com/files/Traveller_Wo ... aV1.03.pdf
IdiotSavant

Postby Anarchangel » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Saved it to read later. Found that I already had it, probably from last time I asked. :oops:
Ardens Ludere
My games: The Sprawl; Conquering Corsairs.
Con Rotation: The Sprawl; Dungeon World.
Anarchangel

Postby AhGoodTheSea » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:32 pm

Here's just a sample of the games on offer this year:

'Hitotsuna Tales' for Golden Sky Stories - Sam Walker: Come and enjoy heartwarming tales of Henge (animal spirits) helping the folk of Hitotsuna from those everyday problems that nevertheless cause much sadness.

'Goddess of the Dark Tower' for Tenra Bansho Zero - Luke Walker: The haunted tales of Castle Shirasagi keep people away. But as the land falls, the Castle is visited once more by mortals in their dark tales of horror, tragedy, heroism and romance.

The Adventures of Captain Calamari and Friends(Tm)
- Paul Wilson: In a hidden river valley the king and queen rule. their daughter the lovely princess Cassandra is protected by her toys. The brash Captain Calamari is the head of her household guard. He is joined on this adventures by the species confused dinosaur Tee Wrecks, the eastern european dragonling Vlad, A demon possessed cow la Vacha Diabla and the tallest teddy bear you have ever seen Henry.

Based on a completely non existent kids show "The adventures of captain calamari and friends." The five favourite toys are on a mission to find out where their princess has gone in the style of a educational children's show.

What will be around the next corner?

What horrors could be waiting in the dark castle?

What is going to work?

Teamwork!

Murder, They Wrote- Mike Foster: Welcome to sleepy Cabot Cove, one of Maine’s most picturesque towns and a popular tourist destination. Except Cabot Cove hides a terrible secret, having the highest murder rate in the entire United States of America.
Jessica Fletcher, best-selling author, amateur sleuth and interfering busybody par excellence, has been murdered, shot by a sniper at a public award ceremony in the town square. And the killer isn’t stopping there, as more of Cabot Cove’s most prominent citizens start to die in grisly fashion.
It’s up to a band of the town’s most unlikely residents to stop the murders, before Cabot Cove is wiped from existence entirely.

Freudian Slip- Ellen Boucher: Who really calls the shots in your life? Is it you? Or is it the baser part of your brain? Players take on the roles of the Self, Id, Ego and Super-Ego of one character, and work/argue to navigate through different life events. An experimental game by Jenni Sands and Ellen Boucher.

Leverage- Steve Hickey: A heist game based on the Leverage TV show. Play master thieves, con artists and hackers trying to take down the bad guys and help the innocent. This session will be based on the freely available demo 'Quickstart Job', so don't read that if you want to play.
AhGoodTheSea

Postby Luke » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:00 am

AhGoodTheSea wrote:'Hitotsuna Tales' for Golden Sky Stories - Sam Walker: Come and enjoy heartwarming tales of Henge (animal spirits) helping the folk of Hitotsuna from those everyday problems that nevertheless cause much sadness.

As I was a playtester for this, I highly recommend it.
Playing: D&D5e
Running: Tales from the Loop
Planning: Esper Genesis, Kult Divinity Lost
Luke

Return to Upcoming Cons