The BLUEHOLME™ Project

Things for sale/trade/swap/free, Anythings thats useful to other people really.

Moderator: Paul

The BLUEHOLME™ Project

Postby Vile » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:35 am

Earlier this year I released the free Holmes Basic simulacrum, BLUEHOLME™ Prentice Rules and an introductory module, the Maze of Nuromen. You can download both for free from DTRPG or RPGNow. Prentice Rules covers character levels 1 through 3 and tries to stay as close to the original as possible under the OGL. I'm working on the Compleat Rules, which is a complete book taking the game from level 1 to level 14. The manuscript should be ready in a few months, which will give me time to playtest it while the all-new artwork is done.

If you want to find out more about the origins, development and future of the BLUEHOLME™ Project, the best place is my Dreamscape Design site or the Blueholme section of the OD&D Discussion forums.
Vile

Re: The BLUEHOLME™ Project

Postby Vile » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:49 am

I've posted a more comprehensive update of where I am and where I'm going the BLUEHOLME™ Compleat Rules on the Dreamscape Design website:

http://dreamscapedesign.net/2013/03/30/ ... ete-rules/

Vile

Postby Vile » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:43 am

Last night I finished the first draft of Part 7: Treasures of the Compleat Rules. That means I am now on the last chapter, Part 8: Campaigns. This chapter will be about designing adventures in the Underworld, the Wilderness, and the Realm. There will also be a slice of advice for referees on campaigns, house rules, character advancement, and the like. This, of all chapters, will be interesting to write because it relies very little on the d20 SRD or the original rules. It will, however, draw on Holmes’s ideas on creating a fantasy life in a game without end.

Okay, before I get too excited, I know that the first draft is just the start of a lot of work – there is the first edit, the proofreading, the re-writing, the continuity checking – and that’s even before we get to layout. But at least the end is in sight, and once layout is done I will be able to get quotations for artwork and see about setting up that Indiegogo for funding the same.

Which brings to mind a question, do any of you have any pointers with regard to making that all-important Indiegogo video? I must admit to complete ignorance on that front.
Vile

Postby Anarchangel » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:08 pm

I have no particular video advice, but I will note that Kickstarter have announced they'll be opening up to NZ/Aus projects "soon" (http://www.kickstarter.com/australia) so there'll be an even more high profile crowd-funding option.
Ardens Ludere
My games: The Sprawl; Conquering Corsairs.
Con Rotation: The Sprawl; Dungeon World.
Anarchangel

Postby Vile » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:17 am

I am now waiting for my print proof copy of the BLUEHOLME™ Prentice Rules perfect bound edition to arrive in my letterbox. It might be a while, so be patient – even if all goes swimmingly, it takes a while for things to wing their way to me across the Pacific.

If things don’t go swimmingly, of course, it may be back to the drawing board for some serious reformatting …

http://dreamscapedesign.net/2014/11/01/pod-people/
Vile

Return to Resources