What games do you want to see at KapCon 22?

Wellington RPG Con - Wellington Anniversary Weekend - www.kapcon.org.nz

Moderators: Paul, tog42, IdiotSavant, Scott

What games do you want to see at KapCon 22?

Postby IdiotSavant » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:29 pm

Xyphoid, in another forum wrote:Also, maybe a mechanism for taking requests for types of game - could we do a survey X months out to the mailing list saying 'so what kind of games do you want? any systems/settings/new hotnesses you want to try out ?' and then pass that info on to GMs. Right now my biggest hurdle is 'so what do i want to run?', a note saying 'there is at least one person who wanted to play Kill Puppies For Satan' would be a useful hook.


So, what do you want to play? What will be the new hotness? What will be old but still hot? What gives reliable good fun? Are there games you missed out on at previous KapCons you'd like to see rerun (easy on the GM, but at the cost of them maybe not coming up with something new)?

I'll pass on "Kill Puppies For Satan", BTW.
Playing: D&D5
Running: Laundry Files; Uncharted Worlds
Planning: KapCon XXV; The Gehenna Memo (Hydra 2016), Boffo's Birthday Bash (Phoenix 2016)
User avatar
IdiotSavant
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:38 pm
Location: Palmerston North

Re: What games do you want to see at KapCon 22?

Postby Mike Sands » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:49 pm

Here's some things that people requested a lot of at games on demand:
- Fiasco
- Monsterhearts
- Monster of the Week
- Microscope
- Mouse Guard

I expect anyone scheduling one of these will get a full card.

Other games on demand people: anything else you remember coming up more than once?

(Steve: I'm omitting Left Coast on the grounds you haven't finished it yet, otherwise it would be on the list too)
Mike Sands
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:33 am

Re: What games do you want to see at KapCon 22?

Postby Anarchangel » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:04 am

There was an unfulfilled request for Apocalypse World (I'm going to run that on the books next year) and I turned people away from Dungeon World (and CyberWorld, but see Left Coast above).
Ardens Ludere
My games: The Sprawl; Conquering Corsairs.
Con Rotation: The Sprawl; Dungeon World.
User avatar
Anarchangel
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:37 pm
Location: Lewiston, Maine

Re: What games do you want to see at KapCon 22?

Postby Mike Sands » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:17 am

Anarchangel wrote:There was an unfulfilled request for Apocalypse World (I'm going to run that on the books next year)


I had a feeling that might have been requested, but I wasn't sure.
Mike Sands
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:33 am

Re: What games do you want to see at KapCon 22?

Postby Sophmelc » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:45 am

Anarchangel wrote:There was an unfulfilled request for Apocalypse World (I'm going to run that on the books next year) and I turned people away from Dungeon World (and CyberWorld, but see Left Coast above).


I ran AW in round 2, but I'm not sure I would again. I found it really hard work in a 1 shot, though that may have been the lack of sleep. I had intended to offer it on Sunday, but Silver Kiss and Monster of the Week got the slots instead.
Sophmelc
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: What games do you want to see at KapCon 22?

Postby Mike Sands » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:33 am

Sophmelc wrote:I ran AW in round 2, but I'm not sure I would again. I found it really hard work in a 1 shot.


I think to work in a con situation, you either need to run it explicitly as "this is the first session of a campaign, as a taster", or else invent a serious problem for them to deal with and make it about that (e.g. raider gang, evil hardholder, etc). Oh yeah, and think carefully about which playbooks you let out (no Marmots!).
Mike Sands
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:33 am

Re: What games do you want to see at KapCon 22?

Postby Sophmelc » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:01 am

Mike Sands wrote:I think to work in a con situation, you either need to run it explicitly as "this is the first session of a campaign, as a taster", or else invent a serious problem for them to deal with and make it about that (e.g. raider gang, evil hardholder, etc). Oh yeah, and think carefully about which playbooks you let out (no Marmots!).


I'd be keen to chat about this off line (so we don't derail the thread), but the short answer is I did both those things but it still felt a bit fractured to me. I think it's because I didn't make the links between the characters as explicit as they should have been.
Sophmelc
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: What games do you want to see at KapCon 22?

Postby Anarchangel » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:42 pm

Sophmelc wrote:
Mike Sands wrote:I think to work in a con situation, you either need to run it explicitly as "this is the first session of a campaign, as a taster", or else invent a serious problem for them to deal with and make it about that (e.g. raider gang, evil hardholder, etc). Oh yeah, and think carefully about which playbooks you let out (no Marmots!).


I'd be keen to chat about this off line (so we don't derail the thread), but the short answer is I did both those things but it still felt a bit fractured to me. I think it's because I didn't make the links between the characters as explicit as they should have been.


Yeah, this is why I was reluctant to run it on the fly in GoD. If characters in AW are all bullets pointed at each other, love letters are the guns.

But yes, lets talk about this offline.
Ardens Ludere
My games: The Sprawl; Conquering Corsairs.
Con Rotation: The Sprawl; Dungeon World.
User avatar
Anarchangel
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:37 pm
Location: Lewiston, Maine

Re: What games do you want to see at KapCon 22?

Postby IdiotSavant » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:49 am

I want to see The One Ring. Given that The Hobbit will just have been released, I think there'll be high demand.
Playing: D&D5
Running: Laundry Files; Uncharted Worlds
Planning: KapCon XXV; The Gehenna Memo (Hydra 2016), Boffo's Birthday Bash (Phoenix 2016)
User avatar
IdiotSavant
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:38 pm
Location: Palmerston North

Re: What games do you want to see at KapCon 22?

Postby Luke » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:52 am

IdiotSavant wrote:I want to see The One Ring. Given that The Hobbit will just have been released, I think there'll be high demand.


With any luck there will be plenty of scenario fodder by then too.
Playing: Zweihander
Running: Mutant Year Zero
Planning: None
User avatar
Luke
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:13 pm

Next

Return to Kapcon

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron