Wairarapa

Started a game but don't have enough players? Want a game but can't find a GM to run it for you?

Moderator: Paul

Wairarapa

Postby Gossamer » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:53 pm

I have not played since uni. Wanted to get back into it. Are there any players in the Wairarapa.
Gossamer

Re: Wairarapa

Postby Luke » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:07 am

Hi there. Other than the thread you posted to, we don't see a lot of Waiarapa RPG action here. The board game scene seems stronger there due to Seriously Board.
Playing: D&D5e
Running: Godbound, PbtA (Masks, Legacy, The Watch)
Planning: None
Luke

Postby Gossamer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:04 pm

Luke wrote:Hi there. Other than the thread you posted to, we don't see a lot of Waiarapa RPG action here. The board game scene seems stronger there due to Seriously Board.

Thanks Luke, even the games club in Featherston seems to have gone quiet after the shop it was associated with closed. I have not lived in the Rappa long and the info I can find on it online is a few years out of date. If anyone has contact details for the board games club I would be interested also.
Gossamer

Postby Luke » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:29 pm

They had a page on BoardGameGeek: http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/382. But it looks old.

I think they sold Seriously Board to new owners, so you may want to contact them to see if you can trace things back..
Playing: D&D5e
Running: Godbound, PbtA (Masks, Legacy, The Watch)
Planning: None
Luke

Postby itowlson » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:43 am

Yes, Seriously Board changed hands late last year.
itowlson

Postby JimmyNZ » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:56 am

Yeah the board games are much stronger in the Wairarapa. I don't know of any clubs - the Featherston one is no longer running - but there seems to be plenty of people playing board games. There is a war miniatures club which is the closest I know of that meets regularly, and they have some board games but it's not the dominant game type.

Gossamer: I'm in the process of purchasing D&D 5E to play with the family. What RPG and board games do you enjoy?
JimmyNZ

Postby hydrom » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:24 am

We could also try maybe doing a game over skype or another voip i have access to a few
hydrom

Return to Available Games