Con-fusion?

Convention time drawing near? Better let us know so we don't miss out!

Moderator: Paul

Re: Con-fusion?

Postby Tuoni » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:23 am

I can bring microscope, and am keen to play fiasco and stuff like that . .
Currently running an ancient hellenistic mediterranean fantasy Pathfinder campaign, with Star Wars jokes and tentacles too. .
Tuoni

Postby karen » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:36 am

I'll bring Horrorscopes... And probably Monster of the Week
karen

Postby AhGoodTheSea » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:38 pm

Hello all!

I'm running ConFusion this year- as Idiot said, 4th August, Brooklyn Community Centre. We'll be having 3 rounds of games, and I'd like to get blurbs from all the awesome folks who want to GM- if you're keen to run a game then please e-mail me at ellen dot boucher at gmail dot com with what you'd like to run and preferences (first, second and third) for what round you would like to run in. I can't promise to accomodate everyone that way, but I will certainly try.

Looking forward to this!
AhGoodTheSea

Postby Luke » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:00 am

Also sent by email:

Name: The Rose-bride’s Plight
GM: Sam Walker
System: Changeling the Lost
Players: 5
Style: Modern Fantasy
Blurb: A cold war between Spring and Winter threatens to tear the freehold apart.

Broken oaths, betrayals and bitter memories have widened the chasm between the two Courts for decades, with each transition from Onyx to Emerald becoming an ever more frigid and hostile affair. In the past, fanatics on either side have taken overt action against their enemies and tensions have swelled. Members of the freehold fear that if something is not done soon, one party or the other will take drastic action and drive the freehold into a true civil war. Or worse. From amidst this turmoil, two levelheaded rulers have emerged and struck a time-honored bargain, pledging to unite their Courts with a wedding between two of their members. But it appears that someone isn’t eager to see the decades-old hostilities so easily soothed.

Name: Rejectamenta
GM: Luke Walker
System: World of Darkness
Players: 5
Style: Horror
Blurb: “It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.” – Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Deep within the Junkyard, many discarded things lie. Some are treasures just waiting to be found. Others are things best left undisturbed. All of them are guarded by the Junkyard’s owner and local urban legend; a shade of man with a sinister reputation. You and your fellow teenage friends are about to venture into the Junkyard to find answers beyond the piles of junk amongst the remains of the things left behind. You have no idea what you will find or what might find you.
Playing: Zweihander
Running: Mutant Year Zero
Planning: None
Luke

Postby Catnip » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:47 am

Name: Mansfield with Monsters
System: LARP
Players: 12
Setting: 1919, Wellington

Wellington 1919. It has been many months since the dread Haitian 'Flu arrived in New Zealand. Tens
of thousands have died, if not from the 'flu itself then from the depravations of those who
succumbed to the disease only to rise from the grave with an insatiable hunger for human flesh.
The Government responded by enacting curfews and rationing measures. The army set up safe zones
guarded by machine guns and barbed wire where the living might continue with their business. Those
who wander outside the safe zones risk being torn apart by the living dead.

Still one shouldn't let the fact that the dead are returning to life in contravention of the very
laws of nature get one down. Many of the city's well-to-do are doing their best to carry on as if
there wasn't an apocalypse on their doorstep. In this spirit of brave defiance Dr and Mrs Harry
Young are holding a dinner party for a number of their closest friends.

Mansfield with Monsters has been written to celebrate the release of the book of the same name by
Matthew and Debbie Cowens (http://www.steampress.co.nz/monsters.html). You don't have to have read the book to enjoy the LARP, but you might want to check it out anyway.
Last edited by Catnip on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catnip

Postby Sophmelc » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Title: The Slayer Chronicals: The Problem with Plague
System: Monster of the Week
Players: 4
Setting: Hong Kong, 1894
Blurb:The colony is beset by plague. Thousands die every day and the colonial powers are helpless against the spread of the disease.

But this isn't a natural illness. Some dark and powerful force is causing it and as the Chosen One it's up to you to stop it. No matter the cost.
Sophmelc

Postby Anarchangel » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:03 am

Title: The Cazares-Bell Obsolescence
System: The Sprawl (an Apocalypse World hack)

It looks like we have a live one here guys: Cyberzombie on the loose in Downtown Los Angeles. It's worth extra if we catch it before it hits the newsfeeds. And by catch, I mean retire. Suit up!

The Sprawl is a game of mission-based action in a gritty neon-and-chrome Cyberpunk future based on the Apocalypse World engine. You are the extended assets of vast multinational corporations, operating in the criminal underground, and performing the tasks that those multinationals can’t do, or can’t be seen to, do. Deniable, professional, and ultimately disposable.
Ardens Ludere
My games: The Sprawl; Conquering Corsairs.
Con Rotation: The Sprawl; Dungeon World.
Anarchangel

Postby itowlson » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:37 am

The Madness of Their Judgment

Genre: Greek mythological fantasy
Style: Boasting, people, I want to hear boasting
System: Agon (system experience not required)

On your travels back from the Trojan War to your homes in Greece, you have seen many troubled lands, but the city of Nisyros must have given the gravest offence of all to the gods. The women of the city have been driven to madness and have fled into the mountains and forests. The king of Nisyros has appealed to you to save them, but thwarting the fury of a god is easier said than done!

Of course, the quarrels of gods and kings are ten to an obol. Your interest is glory – the glory of greatness in battle, in word, and in spirit – glory that will echo down the ages in poem and song. That is why you sweat and bleed. But only one of you can go down in legend as the saviour of Nisyros. Who among you will be immortalised with their own star in the heavens? And whose grave will be forgotten along with their deeds? Enter the agon, and prove the glory of your name.
itowlson

Postby Stephanie » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:58 am

itowlson wrote:Style: Boasting, people, I want to hear boasting
The time I played Agon with Ivan, I ended up standing on a chair boasting. Good times.
Stephanie

Postby IdiotSavant » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:12 am

Dammit, have to choose between larp and Agon.
Playing: D&D5
Running: Laundry Files; Uncharted Worlds
Planning: KapCon XXV; The Gehenna Memo (Hydra 2016), Boffo's Birthday Bash (Phoenix 2016)
IdiotSavant

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Cons